Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Stranger No More...

It was a beautiful Friday October 31st. My spouse had gone for a short holiday to Bandung, Indonesia with our daughter Lin. Alone I decided to go for lunch at the KLCC. I drove the Honda and parked the car at the usual level of the parking area and went up to have lunch at the Food Court there. I would always try to park my car at the same level and if possible at the same parking lot. It made it easier to find the car when leaving the place. To avoid the lunch time rush I decided to have an early lunch. Order an Ayam Penyek [Rice with Chicken] and sat down at one of the table facing the pool and enjoy my lunch. After that I went up to the book-store Kinokuniya upstairs and bought a few books there; then while my times window-shop in the mall. I felt I need coffee and look for a place to enjoy a good cup of brewed coffee. I soon found most of the coffee outlets were packed with people enjoying their coffee after lunch. I was desperate for a good cup of coffee and continue to look around for empty seat to enjoy my coffee but to no avail. I then try a new outlet that I had not been before. I saw an empty chair in front of someone and ask whether the seat is occupied. He reply with a no and said I may take it. Happy I sat down. Leave my bag there and order my coffee. We soon got into talking and in the process became friend....Stranger no more. He was having coffee while waiting for his daughter to finish shopping. He said that he is a businessman based in Brunei and frequent Kuala Lumpur too. His other half is in New Zealand with their son who is studying there. We chat on various topics that come to our minds while enjoying our coffee. It turn out to be a very beautiful meeting of two strangers in a cosy coffee outlet call the 8 ounce Coffee; in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's premier mall the KLCC.

While in the midst of the chat his daughter came and we continue to chat. I then ask her to take a picture of us using my cell phone. They then do the same with their thus we have pictures of all of us as seen in this posting. 

Have a nice day.

No comments: